Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

School Day "Pre-show" by Sheeba (10th grade)

As a young child growing up, I have heard the saying "Practice is the key to Perfection", innumerable times from my elders. And this saying truly came into action as I, along with all the other students of Shanti Bhavan practiced for School Day that was to be held on the 26th of August, 2007.

We practiced very hard for the program. Everyday for an hour, the students accompanied with their caretakers, teachers, and Broadway artists worked on improving their performance. As the days came closer and closer to the final day the number of hours for practice increased. It was the most tiring experience for all the people in Shanti Bhavan. By the end of the day everybody fell dead on their beds.

As everyone was into making this show a success, I was engrossed in capturing the hard work going on behind scenes with my camera. While the students were concentrating on doing their best, I was always present in the background capturing images of their hard work and I believed deep inside that the 26th of August - our School Day was going to be a day like no other.



No comments: